Effective as of May 25, 2018
HRCloud.com (“We”, “Us”, “Our” or “the Company”) is committed to privacy protection for HRCloud.com website visitors and registrants for the Company’s events (attendees) and services (customers). This privacy statement applies to www.HRCloud.com, HRCloud app (iOS and Android), corehr.HRCloud.com, API’s, workflows, and workmates.HRCloud.com owned and operated by HRCloud.com. This privacy statement describes how HRCloud.com collects and uses the personal information you provide on our Web site: www.HRCloud.com as well as the human resources data of our employees. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information. The use of information collected through our service shall be limited to the purpose of providing the service for which the Client has engaged.
Information EU – U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield
HRCloud.com participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. HRCloud.com is committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, in reliance on the Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Framework, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
HRCloud.com is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under the Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. HRCloud.com complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, HRCloud.com is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, HRCloud.com may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
HRCloud.com has further committed to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) for EU employees, and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner for Swiss employees, with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU in the context of the employment relationship.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
When you visit our Website and make a request information or register on HRCloud.com’s Web site, the Company will collect the following personal information from you.
- Contact Information such as name, company name, phone number, and email address.
- Information your employer asks us to collect for employer use such as electronic signature, physical address, phone numbers, previously used names, nick name, date of birth, gender, tax id/social security number, your profile picture, vehicle make/model/license and emergency contact name/address/phone/email.
- Information your employer asks us to collect to verify employment eligibility such as alien number/expiration, I-94 number/expiration, citizenship status, and passport number/place-of-issue/expiration/issuing-authority.
- Information your employers asks us to collect to facilitate payroll processing such as bank account name/routing/account#, tax deductions and any other withholdings.
- Information other company employees can use to contact you via social media such as your facebook, linkedin, twitter, google hangouts, google plus, skype, or yammer id’s.
When browsing HRCloud.com the Company may also collect information through the use of data-gathering tools, such as cookies and Web beacons. This information includes your web browser, your internet protocol address, any information your browser attaches to the web request, and the navigation actions you take on the Company’s Web sites.
Use of Information
HRCloud.com utilizes the information collected to
- supply you with the services you request,
- supply you with additional information about the Company’s promotions, events, partners, and services,
- make improvements to the Company’s Services and Web sites.
Sharing collected information
HRCloud.com may share personal information that you provide with organizations that work on behalf of HRCloud.com only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement.
• Service Providers
HRCloud.com may share collected personal information with contracted service providers in order to complete services these services are:
ADP for direct deposit
ADP for direct deposit
- Bank account #1 type, routing #, account #, amount to deposit
- Bank account #2 type, routing #, account #, amount to deposit
- Name, date of birth, name, gender, phone (cell/work), address, location
- SSN/TaxID, race, benefits eligibility
ADP for W4
- Marital status, alien/citizenship status
- Legal name, name on SS card
- Tax withholding information
- Emergency contacts name, phone, and email addresses
Checkr for employer background checks
- Email address
Engagedly for performance management
- Position, location, name, email, employee number, data of birth
- Start date, profile picture
eVerify for employment eligibility verification
- Alien/I-94 number, date of birth, citizenship status
- Email, name, other names used, ssn/tax id
- Drivers license issuing state, expiration, and number
- Passport issuing authority, location, expiration, and number
Intercom for employer messaging
- Email, name
Intuit Quickbooks for employer accounting integration
- Name, employee number, email, SSN/Tax ID, gender
- Address, cell/work phone, date of birth, salary
IRS work opportunity tax credit (WOTC) for employer tax purposes
- Email, name
Raygun for diagnostics
Sendbird for chat services
- Email, name, profile picture
Slack for messaging
- Name, posts (which may contain personal information)
Tango Card for reward delivery
- Email, name
Twitter for showing employee posts
Hubspot for ticketing & customer support chat
Ultipro for Human Capital Management
- Address, City, County, State, Country, Zip Code, Location
- Name, Preferred First Name, Gender, Ethnicity, Cell phone, Work Phone, Email, SSN, Marital Status, Date Of Birth
- Address, City, County, State, Country, Zip Code, Location
- Disability number, Employee Number, Pay Rate
- Ethnicity, First Name, Last Name, Middle Name, Email Address, Gender, Hire, SSN, Veteran status information, Salary
- Multiple bank accounts for payroll processing requiring account type, transit routing number, amount to deposit, and bank name.
- First Name, Last Name, Email Address
• HRCloud.com Affiliates
HRCloud.com may share customer information with other companies, including affiliates and business partners. For example, information may be shared if you express interest in a jointly offered product with one of the Company’s business partners.
HRCloud.com does not share data about HRCloud.com event attendees with business partners unless you opt in to share such information; or you attend a Company event and your badge is scanned by one of HRCloud.com’s business partners.
Should you opt in or have your badge scanned by a business partner your information will be subject to the privacy statement of the business partner.
• Third Parties
HRCloud.com does not permit third parties to collect personal information through advertising and marketing technologies nor does HRCloud.com share personal information with such companies, unless they are listed in this section.
- Microsoft for Skype, Office 365 calendaring
- Email, name, date of birth
- Google for Hangouts, Plus, G Suite calendaring
- Email, name, date of birth
- Hubspot for website usage and tracking
- Email, name, phone number, tracking cookie
• Compelled Disclosure
HRCloud.com may disclose your personal information as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request. If HRCloud.com is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Web site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
HRCloud.com primarily stores information about HRCloud.com visitors in the United States.
Changing your information
Upon request HRCloud.com will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. Customers may update or change their registration information by editing their user or organization record. To update a user profile, please login to http://www.HRCloud.com with your registered email address. An email will be sent to update your information. To update billing information, please email support@HRCloud.com or call 855-714-7253 . To discontinue your account or request deletion of your information and to have information you maintained in the Services returned to you, please email support@HRCloud.com, call 855-714-7253, or click on https://corehr.HRCloud.com/PrivacyPolicy/RequestForm. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
When you register for an account, we will use your name and email address to send periodic emails to you of transactional in nature.
We will also send you service related email announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. You do not have an option to opt out of these emails, which are not promotional in nature.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Our Web site includes links to other sites whose privacy practices may differ from those of HRCloud.com. HRCloud.com encourages you to read the privacy statements of other Web sites to gain understanding of their information practices.
Technologies such as: cookies or similar technologies are used by HRCloud.com and our marketing partners, affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Web site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
• Log Files
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data. We do link this automatically collected data to other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you, to improve marketing, analytics, or site functionality.
• IP Addresses
HRCloud.com collects visitors’ Internet Protocol (IP) addresses to gather non-personal information such as the region from which a visitor is located. IP addresses are also collected when users log in to the company’s site.
• Behavioral Targeting / Re-Targeting
We partner with a third party to either display advertising on our Web site or to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here (or if located in the European Union click here). Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Do Not Track
Certain browsers offer a do not track or DNT option. Due to a lack of defined industry standards, HRCloud.com does not currently respond to DNT preference settings. HRCloud.com will continue to monitor changes in standards.
Forums and Customer Testimonials
HRCloud.com may provide comment sections and discussion boards. Information submitted in these areas may be viewed by others and may be used to send you unrequested messages. HRCloud.com is not responsible for information you post in HRCloud.com forums.
HRCloud.com includes customer testimonials and case studies which may include quotes and comments from customers. HRCloud.com acquires consent prior to posting case studies and testimonials. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or testimonials, contact us at support@HRCloud.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Security measures are used by HRCloud.com to protect customer data. HRCloud.com uses advanced Internet security measures. The Company’s website is hosted in a secure server environment that uses a firewall and additional measures to prevent interference from outside sources. When you enter sensitive information (such as login credentials) on our login forms, we encrypt the transmission of that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at support@HRCloud.com.
Social Media Widgets
HRCloud.com includes Social Media Features, such as the Facebook Like button and Twitter Follow button or interactive mini-programs that run on HRCloud.com. These Features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on HRCloud.com, and may set a cookie to enable the Feature to function properly. Social Media Features and Widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on HRCloud.com. Your interactions with these Features are governed by the privacy statement of the company providing it.
Information Related to Data Collected through the HRCloud.com Service
Information Related to Data Collected for our Clients:
- HRCloud.com collects information under the direction of its Clients (Data Controllers), and has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information it processes. If you are a customer of one of our Clients and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Clients that use our service, please contact the Client that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service. Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Clients.
Access and Retention of Data Controlled by our Clients:
- HRCloud.com acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. HRCloud.com has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal information it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct his query to the HRCloud.com’s Client (the data controller).
- HRCloud.com will retain personal information we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide services to our Client. HRCloud.com will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Your Legal Rights
- Right to be informed
- Right to Access
- You have a right to access our system and see all data related to you. You may log in to see this information or contact your employer for access.
- Right to Rectification
- You have a right to rectify any incorrect data. Please contact your employer for rectification.
- Right to be Forgotten
- You have a right to request we delete your information. Please contact your employer to initiate this request.
- Right to Restrict Processing
- You have the right to request a restriction or suppression of your personal data. Please contact your employer to initiate this request.
- Right to Withdraw Consent
- You have the right to opt-out. Please contact your employer to initiate this request.
- Right to Data Portability
- You have the right to obtain a copy of your personal data. Please contact your employer to initiate this request.
- Right to Object
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances. Please contact your employer to initiate this request.
Privacy Statement Changes
HRCloud.com reserves the right to change this Privacy Statement to reflect changes to our information practices. If changes are made to the Privacy Statement, HRCloud.com will post notification on the Company website. If we make any material changes you will need to provide consent again.
How to Contact Us
Questions about this Privacy Statement or the information practices of the HRCloud.com should be directed to the Company by email at support@HRCloud.com or by mailing HRCloud.com, 222 N. Sepulveda Suite 2000| El Segundo, CA 90245.
Data Protection Officer Contact Info
Name: Blaine Ornburg